safety features? Harman, st croix, lopi

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jchick

May 10, 2008
planville,ma
Hey all,
I was looking at 2 stoves the ST.Croix hayden, the Harman xxv, and now the Lopi Leyden has crept into the mix. I have still not decided, but I was curious about the safety features on the these three stoves. The only dealer to elaborate on the features was the St Croix dealer. Do all stoves have an automatic shut off? Anybody with info on the safety features on the 3 stoves would be great. Thanks jeff

Most of the stoves I've looked at have the same basic safety features. hi/low temp, no flame, no vacuum, over temp. A few add a hopper lid switch. Some have an auger jam shutoff.

But I wouldn't let this be the primary criteria for buying a pellet stove unless it lacked the basics. Efficiency, hopper size, looks, low maintenance, quiet operation, and quality components are more important considerations in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.