Seasonal Shutdown help PB105

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alaz

Jun 1, 2008
Milford PA
I have the PB105 Harman. I was looking for the best ways to shutdown for the post-heating season. My intentions were to give it a great cleaning and leave open the firebox doors and all the clean-outs. Any other ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Many folks also plug the vent pipe and coat this inside of the firebox with a sealant of some sort. Some even use spray paint to seal it after scraping the creosote off...

You may want to disconnect power from the unit also. That way, you shouldn't have any problems from thunderstorms.

i would suggest running the machine dry of fuel, and get a bowl full of moth balls or a couple boxes of arm & hammer and stick them in the ash pan. close all the doors, unless your basement is really dry, and Farmer has a good idea, unplug it. Milford PA is a nice location, right there at the Water Gap, convenient to the Hamilton Fish Nuberg Beacon Bridge (one way toll, hilarious). You see many bald eagles?

Status
Not open for further replies.