"Seasoned" Oak?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Free is good and seasoned too!

I highly doubt the inside of it is even remotely close to being seasoned, but it looks like a nice chunk of wood. I sent him an email. Probably close to 10,000 lbs in that log. It takes some decent equipment to deal with wood that size...I don't need the wood and I certainly don't need any other projects, but my 3120xp and 14k dump trailer are always looking for an excuse to get used, especially when it comes to free oak!!! :cheese:

Wet1 said:
I highly doubt the inside of it is even remotely close to being seasoned, but it looks like a nice chunk of wood. I sent him an email. Probably close to 10,000 lbs in that log. It takes some decent equipment to deal with wood that size...I don't need the wood and I certainly don't need any other projects, but my 3120xp and 14k dump trailer are always looking for an excuse to get used, especially when it comes to free oak!!! :cheese:

Keep us posted!

That guy is actually in my town. But my Grand Cherokee and 4x8 trailer are not the propper equipment for a job like that... :lol:

I'd grab that so fast it would make their heads spin! Good find!

Backwoods Savage said:
I'd grab that so fast it would make their heads spin! Good find!
Unfortunately, someone else already grabbed it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.