secondary burn tubes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stratton

Mar 13, 2012
southern ct
Looking for cleaner burn. Do you guys think its possible for secondary burn in a indoor boiler[ DS Aqua gem 3200 ] Its a conventional boiler not gasser. im thinking something similar to the englander 28- 3500 sorry if model is wrong. DS comes with secondary air ports in back rear of boiler.I was thinking of trying to add pipe to the port holes and run pipes above the fire. what do you think?? please i would appreciate any ideas or comments

My first concern on any retrofit would be if the existing unit and its construction would be able to withstand the higher temps of secondary combustion. As well as an altered unit if something happens concerning the collection of insurance or loss of life.

As I mentioned at the other place you posted:

Have to remember also there is a big difference between a boiler & a furnace.

A boiler is constantly liquid-cooling the fire & burn chamber. There is a reason that any real gassifying boiler has the place where the real action happens totally insulated from the water jacket by ceramics or firebrick.

Status
Not open for further replies.