Self feeding tent stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kellogs

Mar 11, 2023
Alaska
Hey everybody,

Any experiences with this sort of stoves ? I surely hate to wake up to refill the stove 2 times a night. Thinking these self feeding stoves might do the trick.

Thanks

What kind of stove, what fuel?
Surely not cordwood?

Would a pellet stove be something suitable?

Meh, pellets could work, although not my first choice. Here are a couple of such stoves i was looking at:

Meh, pellets could work, although not my first choice. Here are a couple of such stoves i was looking at:

What keeps is from burning up the tube?

Reactions: Hobbler
I think the supply tubes are sealed, then the airflow will direct the fire up the flue exhaust, and the tubes will be filled with smoke or CO. Nowhere for gases to go if it starts combusting.

It will nicely bake the wood before it reaches the fire. But the moisture thus released will likely corrode those tubes from the inside.

Reactions: bholler