Sept 1991 Austroflamm Integra early model, anyone still own one of these?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jdgntexas

Nov 24, 2020
North Texas
Recently picked up one of these, supposedly working but it doesn't feed pellets. Combustion blower and convection blower are working. Combustion blower speeds up if I block the air intake, so I think the air flow sensor is working.

Any idea where a user manual or parts might be found?

This one doesn't have the hall effect type sensor on the combustion blower. The small user panel has two switches, start and fuel, an led, a potentiometer. The main board is mostly small components with no big IC chips. So far have found the auger motor triac is not triggering to turn on the motor or led. Finding some of the small IC's are scarce. Such as TFK E1007.

Is it worth converting to more modern controls? If so which brand and model of control is suggested to use.

Tfke1007 A little research on mouser or digikey a crossover can be found.

You have one that was never "upgraded".It uses the same system as older Wega's. The instructions--
and,this guy repairs those early boards,also--
Ideally,if it was converted to the newer style,stove would burn better/cleaner, but expensive,so probably not worth it,unless you can get all the parts cheap. Sometimes Bill Baily's has all these parts,as he recycles pellet stove parts.

Reactions: Ssyko
Pellet stove thoroughly cleaned. Vacuumed plus blew out with air compressor nozzle. Removed light creosote buildup by intense flame while moved outside. Removed combustion blower, Removed convection blower. Removed and tested snap switches. Tested vacuum switch. Air sensor creates a varying voltage depending on how much I block the intake. When I block the intake the combustion blower speeds up to follow that signal.

I've talked with the good and knowledgeable person in California that repairs Austroflamm boards. I trust him completely.

This board is the earliest one from what he said. He doesn't repair this board. He repairs the next and later versions. He has offered to make up a board and I might end up doing that.

I can't find a US or european supplier of the part E1007. All the links I clicked on ended up at sites in China. I do not trust their quality.

Does anyone else still use an Austroflamm with the earliest style board? The 1995 Wega manual 'linked' shows profile of a later board with larger components.

Does anyone have an old board and/or other parts for this earliest model? I could take components off for trial troubleshooting.

I have a Tektronix scope and I can tell the triac for the auger motor is not being triggered to drive the auger motor. There is a varying wave form on the base but I have no reference to what the voltage levels should be.

I've replaced the triac and nearby pnp transistors and diode and tested nearby capacitors. The board was built with low quality manual soldering of the wires ' not pretinned ' and loose strands not soldered. That's been resoldered.

Last edited:
Have you tried some contact cleaner in the auger/ feed pot? If there isnt a microcontroller there has to be a timer got any pics?

Well,if I was you,I would replace all the electrolytic capacitors. As they were one of the most common failures on the other Integra boards.