Serenity Stove - Run Time On Each Setting !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hiskid

Sep 26, 2017
PA
Colder temps are coming and I was curious of what some owners are getting on a hopper before filling. I know if I'm on (1), I can go through the night with the hopper filled before sleep. My beloved gets up at 4AM for work and fills the hopper before she leaves. She will be off a few weeks since work is slow this time of year. I found(2) will keep the porch/mh at around 72 down to about 20 degrees. I am wondering how long the hopper full will last at 2,3 & 4 settings ? Thanks for any responses. GBY

BTW, I am using Lowe's pellets and with the air gate around half and # 1&2 exhaust at 90v, I haven't got a lot of build up in the post but more ash. That was a two day straight run.

I've never ran my Serenity for very long on setting 2 or 3, an hour or so at the most.
Sorry I don't have any valid consumption data for you but hopefully this reply will give your post a bump.

I've never ran my Serenity for very long on setting 2 or 3, an hour or so at the most.
Sorry I don't have any valid consumption data for you but hopefully this reply will give your post a bump.

Same here, about an hour on setting 2 and it's almost 90 degrees on the monitor. (actual temp: 84)

As for the question, I can go about 14 hours before I start seeing the round column at the bottom of the box and that is usually my sign to add more. I use Appalachian Pellets from Agway.

I am on setting 1 using 80 for exhaust and 100 for blower with the air closed as far as it will go (about 1/4") and with one living room window fully open ;lol. I try to keep the exhaust low enough where the exhaust pipe is not too hot to the touch so I am not wasting heat. This nets a really nice and tall flame with about 1/2" of ash after two day weekend. I stir the pot once just to clear it up.

Right now my living room is 86, kitchen next to it is 77, and surrounding 3 bedrooms are 70.

960 sq ft if it matters.
20171225_085852.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: rich2500