Service Manuals

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

Hearth Supporter
Nov 23, 2005
Does anyone know if manufacturers of wood stoves commonly publish service manuals for the stoves they make?
I would love to get a service manual for both the VC Aspen and the Hearthstone crafstbury that I own So in the off-season I can
replace or repair things.

I dont think they do, im not even sure they exist for hearthstone...
noting more then the owners manual which of course is avalible on there website.
i do have a PDF cd that has all the exploded views for all the stoves... but that should be in the owners manual as well.

I got my Crafstbury last Sat. No exploded view in the Manual.
Also I cant figure out where the Primary air enters the firebox.

On my VC aspen it was clear, right in the floor bu the loading door.

I cant quit tell on the crafstbury. I see what looks like an air inlet up
above the door but that might be just for air wash of the glass.
I can see the air blowing the embers down low , but from where is a mystery

I called hearthstone. They might send me a PDF of the craftsbury. My current CD doenst have that model on there.

If you get one, I would love a copy. My Craftsbury came with a defective removable handle. It keeps falling out. They are going to drop ship me a new one. The set screw was machined wrong and the little ball bearing is set to deep. PITA.

I love the stove though, I had the VC Aspen, but it is too small.

i got the pdf for you, they only sent the view without part descriptions, im waitng on the other half now. Does your username work for a email addy?

Does anyone know if manufacturers of wood stoves commonly publish service manuals for the stoves they make?
I would love to get a service manual for both the VC Aspen and the Hearthstone crafstbury that I own So in the off-season I can
replace or repair things.

we have pdf files of all of our manuals on our website. i imagine most manufacturers these days would as well

I've started archiving all of our old manuals. You don't realize how valuable they are until you call the manufacturer and ask for one and they don't even have it any longer. I have a bunch of old Whitfield manuals. I also have service manuals for VC dating back to 82. I'm working on scanning and converting them all to .pdf format.

Status
Not open for further replies.