settings for old englander

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dartfrogz

Nov 20, 2014
ct
Hi everyone. Recently we got a used pellet stove off CL. It's an englander 25 pdvc. I don't know the year because the stamp is hard to read. But it might be a 2000? How can I find out for sure what year it is?

From what I have read on here, d mode saves more on pellets. So that's the mode I need help setting. I have no clue what it's on now. But I keep the 3 bottom numbers at 4-4-1
The first is pellet speed, I get that.. The second is air.. If I give more air does it burn hotter or do I want less air to save pellets? Can someone explain in layman's terms how running on different numbers for the air changes the burn? And the last button I know stays at 1

I don't have a big area to heat (maybe about 1000sqft but it's all open and insulated. So I'd like to save on pellets if I can. It heats up fast in here but seems to be plowing thru pellets. I read a bag can last close to 2 days on low. I turn it off if it's too warm. Then turn it on high then run it at anywhere from 4.4 or 2.2 sometimes even 1.2

Can someone help me? I'm veryyyyy new to pellet stoves

Ps burning chows and love them (haven't used others tho lol)

So we figured out how to get it on d and the bottom 3 are at 4-6-1 (unplug then plug in while pressing up & down fan buttons then letting go immediately)

I know it's supposed to be 6-4-1 but like I said I want to save on pellets. Not because I'm cheap but because I'm poor lol and it's easy to heat this one level all open area.

But I'm still curious as to how the low air affects heat/burn. Lower number slower/dirtier burn? But warmer heat?

Higher number cleaner faster burn but will I lose heat in the vent? Can it be too fast and put it out if it's on a heat range of 1 or 2?

And can I make an OAK with a metal dryer vent? The stove is burning beautifully without one but I keep thinking if it's burning this good without one how much better would it be with one?

Ps I want to oil the blower what kind of oil can I use? Wd40?

I am still trying to figure it out also a bag for 2 days I don't thinks so a bag a day is normal. I am heating 1800 sf on 3 and it's 71-72 at the them for the furnace. Right now mine is set at 5-5-1 blower is set at 9 heat at 2-4 depends on temp inside the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.