Severe Thunderstorm Last night.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Icemanxxxv

Oct 20, 2014
Smithville MO USA
Shaken out of bed last night be a near lightning strike that caused the houses smoke alarms to chirp. Woke up this morning with a three blink status light Burn pot full of pellets and ash pan had a goodly amount of pellets with a bonus of distribution, and exhaust blowers running. Pellet feed appears to be at test schedule and no ignitor light illuminated. It appears the stove is stuck in test mode. Tried a manual reset with the mode pot in the off position. No help. Tried resets in every mode combination with no help. Stove needs a good end of season cleaning so I'll start there when I get home from work today and see where it goes.

So scary to me and I was listening to the radio and heard lighting flashes interrupting the station and knew there were heavy storms in the different areas and here too but not as bad as yours...scary stuff this lightening---wondering about my new stove pipe and hoping nothing would strike it--lol but the house roof is higher but wondering anyway----get a good sleep tonight...clancey

Well tore into the stove after work and did complete clean. Pretty sure it wouldn't solve the issue, but it couldn't hurt. Sure was dirty. Powered the stove back up and the fault was still active. Accessed the control board did a quick swap of EPS and the stove no longer was running in test mode. The two blink fault was no longer active. R&R'd th ESP removing the aftermarket and reinstalling the factory sensor I swapped out mid season for troubleshooting. Stove is running like a Harman should. Note to self no more ebay aftermarket parts. That ESP only had 4 months of use before it went tango uniform...

Attachments

• 162060792839217727028447217307.jpg
    162060792839217727028447217307.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: ABusWrench
Surge suppressor?

Happened to me long time ago. I installed a surge supressor (additional) on the line cord to the stove.