Shelter wood Furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ChromeDomeDude

Oct 18, 2022
Michigan
I put a Shelter wood furnace in my home several years ago. It has been working perfectly. Then last year the limit control switch that runs the blower stopped working. I noticed because the blower fan never seem to cycle off. It simply was getting stuck. If I taped the switch housing or gave a gentle tap on the side of the unit near the switch it would turn off and seemingly come unstuck. In a few moments, it would cycle back on, dial-up for a bit, then start to dial down and get stuck right before the turn-off limit. I replaced the switch and it seemed to fix the problem for the last month or so of the season. Then I fired it up a few days ago. Seemed to work fine, but then tonight same problem again. With the new switch that is less than a year old. Any thoughts? Thanks for your help.