SIT Proflame 2 IFC Control Module Fuse blown

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MCShelhamer

Dec 10, 2022
Colorado, USA
Hello. Anyone ever have a SIT Proflame 2 IFC Control Module fuse blow? Mine has and the control module will no longer light the fire, unless I operate on battery power. I have replaced the fuse and each time I plug it back in, the fire will start 1-2 times, then the fuse blows again. It seems to work fine on battery backup only, but this isn't ideal. I am thinking the control board may need to be replaced, but thought I would try to find another answer before I fork over $300. TIA.

If your heater has a fan or lights can you turn them off or unplug them from the controller somehow? If you can, I would try that and then see if the fuse still blows.

Wow, that's great news.
It's a little odd though that if you never used the light, disconnecting it would fix the problem but I'm happy that it worked out for you.

The 3.15 A fuse in the PF 2 does not come into play on the ignition system. It is only meant to protect the board from shorts in the Comfort Fan and lamp wiring (X10 and X11). That fuse could be removed on a functioning board, and the main operation system should still work normally. (Theoretically)