Situation resolved.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ja, it's insult added to injury when they won't even 'fess up that they screwed up the order. It's a real bummer when a job is planned out and someone screws up.

Hey Super...

Relax. It is what it is. Getting bent out of shape won't change things, so save yourself some aggravation and just do what needs to be done to correct the issue. You'll have all winter to run your stove, so a few days wait won't change things that much.

Did they send enough for a double wrap of insulation?

I had a similar 10 day ordeal with my stove pipe. They seem to be busy and confused this time of year. Once the catalytic kicked in last night, my irritation passed.

Daryl said:
Did they send enough for a double wrap of insulation?

no i checked that already, thinking the same thing. its only wide enough for 1 layer with a small overhang.

Im just really disappointed. This was like christmas day for me, only to find out that instead of a red rider bb gun I got the bunny pajamas.

Hopefully I can take a few hour road trip and get it corrected and be up and running by Sunday.

Ditto-Control Freak, there's real problems in the world.........this ain't one of them.

BucksCoBernie said:
Situation resolved. Sorry for venting.

so what satisfied ya' ? you was awfully bent for this kinda ending. What type of wrap is this 1/4" stuff that shoulda been 1/2" ? Is it pre-wrapped on fluepipe or done at the site ? What is the purpose - fire protection or insulating the flue (for draft) ?

burr said:
BucksCoBernie said:
Situation resolved. Sorry for venting.

so what satisfied ya' ? you was awfully bent for this kinda ending. What type of wrap is this 1/4" stuff that shoulda been 1/2" ? Is it pre-wrapped on fluepipe or done at the site ? What is the purpose - fire protection or insulating the flue (for draft) ?

its flue insulation for the draft. he told me that since my opening is only 7" that the 1/4" insulation would be enough to keep the gasses hot since there isnt much airspace and the chimney is lined w terra cotta. I was pretty bent because what I ordered wasnt what was received but im ok with his explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.