Skytech for Mt Vernon AE Freestanding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kpereyra

Jun 22, 2008
Fairfield County, CT
Will the Skytech 3301pf work on a Quad Mt Vernon AE? Is there anything about the Mt Vernon that dictates which programmable remote thermostats will work? Are there any other brands out there I should consider for a remote programmable thermostat? I like the look of the 5301 but it does not look like it is programmable.

i am assumeing that it is a AE since it is on order it has to run on it wall control that come with it

The AE will ONLY work with the control it comes with as stoveguy said. I heard a rumor about a wireless control in the future but nothing official.

jtp10181 said:
The AE will ONLY work with the control it comes with as stoveguy said. I heard a rumor about a wireless control in the future but nothing official.

So in order to get the best results for heating the entire house, I'm assuming I need to mount the thermostat far enough away from the stove, preferably even in another room? Perhaps I should think about running the wire prior to the installer showing up. For some reason I don't think they'll do the type of job I would.

Any idea why the AE is so specific about it's controller?

You want to mount it on an interior wall, not in the direct path of the blower, for the best results.

It is so specific because it has many sensors and controls that display information on the stat. The stat has icons on it like, low fuel, open hopper, etc.. It will also display error codes referenced in the troubleshooting guide. Dealers can also hook up a USB cable to the control and upload new fuel tables if/when they are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.