Smarter than the average dog?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarAndWood

Minister of Fire
Feb 3, 2008
Syracuse NY
My wife rescued a dog along the interstate on the way to work last Friday. Then she rescued her from the shelter before she was to be destroyed yesterday. Friday didn't take long to find her spot.

Attachments

• friday in front of the stove.jpg
    friday in front of the stove.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 532
She probably thinks she's died and gone to heaven!

Kudos to you and your wife for saving her!

I've had a Doberman and a Rot. Friday is proving once again that the stereotypes associated with these breeds comes from environment. She is a complete clown even though she has obvious signs of abuse. I'm glad someone had the sense to dump her on the highway before she was ruined.

Nice job, Mrs S & W !!! I believe it's called "fate" ;-)

My last dog, BM (Before Murphy) was found tied up to a guard rail on a highway here in a Noreaster. Never, ever, ever did I have to worry about him being grateful. Chester knew he had been "saved". 12 years of love and protection ( he took this quite seriously).

One night in the spring (it was the kind of night where you have the windows open), I woke up to a snarling growling shepard/chow mix going for broke at the bedroom window (ground level). I heard voices outside "Are you going in there? I'm not" "I'm not going in there, let's get outta here". Needless to say, I kept an eye on open ground level windows after that.

God bless ya, pup, you are a lucky, lucky dog Friday!! Enjoy her !!

We will definitely enjoy her. Probably not possible to enjoy her as much as she is enjoying the warm flagstone and steel right now though.

She prefers mixed breed.

What ever she is, she's blessed.

Personally, I feel it's all on the raising, training , home environment.

Yeah, Friday looks like she's got a bit of "pit" in her, but I wouldn't hold that against her !!

Look at some of Michael Vicks dogs !!!

http://www.badrap.org/rescue/vick/now.html

hummm... I dunno Solar having a pit bull is like having a time bomb in the house.

Not sure about the carbon footprint of that rescue, but that is a great story. Without a doubt, the people are the problem.

savageactor7 said:
hummm... I dunno Solar having a pit bull is like having a time bomb in the house.

I know, I know. And I am running on borrowed time given all the years my little kids were exposed to that dangerous rottweiller. Probably not quite as dangerous as all the pine I burn though.

My pit got lose one time.
I knew he'd come home when he was ready.
He never got the chance.
New neighbor up the road "rescued" him.
I found him at a shelter where he was scheduled to be put down.
The "kindly" neighbor thought the dog to be so friendly
that they let it in the house for the night and the kids "fell in love" with him
but thought they should turn him in the next morning.
I was pizzed and referred to them as f.a.'s to which the dog police
lady agreed.
It might be different in city and urban areas but in the country I
suggest leaving a roaming dog roam.

Congrats on the newest member of the family.I don't have kids but my dog is just like having one."Amy" is probably my best friend.Just don't tell my wife.lol

If your dogs are licensed and tagged as required by law then the shelter would promptly call you to have you pick up your lost dog right? Bahahahaaaa!

I won't have a pit but my boxer has a black muzzle and looks mean, sometimes, when she isn't sacked out by the fire loving life or licking you to death.

So did the shelter call you back and say if you didn't come get her that she would be destroyed? Talk about high pressure sales. Cripes.

Status
Not open for further replies.