smoke or noise from EKO 40

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

powerspec

Hearth Supporter
Jan 20, 2009
NE Ontario
I would like to hear from any EKO 40 owners who have the boiler installed indoors in the residence. Do you have any problems with smoking during reload or fan noise? Do you wish the unit was quieter?

It's a lot quieter than my hot water heater's power vent, this is for sure. For that matter my EKO 40 also makes less noise than my forced air furnace. So to answer your question, no, if it were any quieter I still would not hear it over the other units in my utility room...

As for smoke....it all depends on how you use it. Any boiler will smoke out the door when you reload it if you do it wrong and/or do it at the wrong time. Many EKO owners struggle getting good seals on their upper doors, but that is a separate issue....

the indoor set up I've seen has a draft inducer with a manual switch he turns on when loading the stove,not sure about the fan noise,mine is outside

I had a fan that got noisy it was off balance cause there was a bunch of crud built up on the impellar I shut the EKO off (due to its flushing, unpredictable fan on and off cycles)removed the adjustable shiled on the EKO's fan inlet, and used a screw driver and scraped the junk out of it,when the fan turned on the next time it threw some junk behind the cover but that was easily cleaned up..Dave

Attachments

• EKO-fan-blades.jpg
    EKO-fan-blades.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 182
Status
Not open for further replies.