Smokin Whitfield II

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eaj1

Nov 11, 2008
sierras of CA
I have a whitfield II insert and it has been great up until last spring. The stove started to put out a strong smoke scent, but of course because it was spring i put it off until the last minute which is now winter. I pulled the stove out and put it in the shop and gave it the most thorough cleaning ever. I replaced the gaskets on the exhaust fan and the damper, which i thought was the culpret because it had a burned out spot in it. After all this I gave it a test run in the shop, and no smoke, but when i put it back inside the house the smokey odor coming from the tubes is even worse. WHAT THE HECK! Oh yeah i also replaced the door gasket and cleaned all the pipes going out the chimney. Please help, its getting colder and my wifes getting madder.

If the smoke can't get out of the chimney.. it'll go into the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.