snow plow soft edge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Disagree 🤣

1654799665170-new_case_sectional_snow_pusher.png
Well yes that would be better but I can't afford that

Get old equipment like i have...
950 loader built in 84
Champion 740A grader built in 81

This is my plan A, radio, heat and cab. 600’ of millings driveway, have a quad with 48” plow for plan B and a 24” walk behind blower plan C. Cheap but effective, has a 1” thick rubber cutting edge that hasn’t worn much in 4 years

7F5E322E-2C69-4A3A-B9B8-4003AE44C601.jpeg

Reactions: Isaac Carlson
This is my plan A, radio, heat and cab. 600’ of millings driveway, have a quad with 48” plow for plan B and a 24” walk behind blower plan C. Cheap but effective, has a 1” thick rubber cutting edge that hasn’t worn much in 4 years

I love mine.

Reactions: D8Chumley
I thought about getting one of those Snowsport plows for my dually, but was worried about wear and tear on my truck.

Reactions: Ashful
I thought about getting one of those Snowsport plows for my dually, but was worried about wear and tear on my truck.
On a heavy truck like yours it shouldn't make much extra wear and tear. Unless you slide off the driveway. You have got enough weight and torque that you shouldn't be beating on the truck much

This is mine. It's cheap enough I don't really care if I beat the crap out of it. I do wish it had more weight and power at times but it works

16646542933305701900187792285221.jpg

Last edited:
It does a lot better than I expected. I have pushed piles as high as the rav. We got over 4 feet a couple years ago and the rav cleaned it up.
Nice that's surprising.

Nice truck, bholler... but, that exaust! Haven't seen a rig like that in a few years. ;lol

Nice truck, bholler... but, that exaust! Haven't seen a rig like that in a few years. ;lol
I can't believe it hasn't fallen off yet honestly lol. It just has farm tags on now only goes maybe 5 miles from the house at most. I have very little money in it but it runs like a champ

Might be time to "geld" that stallion. ;lol

Might be time to "geld" that stallion. ;lol
When it falls off I will make a new exhaust. But it's been like that for 5 years now. Lol

That's not a low hanging exhaust pipe, that's the ice melter option... :p