So glad I got my stove this year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The overall weather pattern here in New England is going to change starting this weekend to a colder and stormier one so get ready for the ride!!!

Natural gas is only a tick more than what its costing me for pellets this season. No fuss or mess either, Hmmmm.

We thought pretty hard about it. But they wanted so much cash up front to run the gas line up the road(live on a private road) we just had to pass! I think it was $10 a foot at 1600 feet. Ahhhh, NO! ;sick

Don't worry, between the idiots in congress and the energy folks Natural gas will get walloped by taxes and cost increases. Coming soon to a place near you.
You are SO right Smokey...only a matter of time

Right, does not cost much to run a whole country.

We thought pretty hard about it. But they wanted so much cash up front to run the gas line up the road(live on a private road) we just had to pass! I think it was $10 a foot at 1600 feet. Ahhhh, NO! ;sick

Ok Richie Rich...Private road, well La Tee Da! :cool:

Ok Richie Rich...Private road, well La Tee Da! :cool:

Lots of private roads, most are maintained by an association on a shared cost basis, group of neighbors on a best efforts basis, the land owner or developer until taken over by a jurisdiction.

I'm on a private road as well, second of the four above methods of maintenance, nothing fancy about it.

You don't want to go over it during the winter in a number of vehicles, the neighbors wife discovered her little wagon wasn't too good at it and his first pickup wasn't either (it slid backwards really well when parked just where we turn).

It is basically a shared gravel driveway complete with a brook running through culverts (sometimes beaver damned) and starts out going down hill and then uphill no matter which end you start from, you even have to make a turn under the top of the rise to get to our place. So private setups aren't always fancy.

I often wish I had access to gas and then see pics like below that makes me re-think the entire gas thing.

Attachments

• gas.jpg
    gas.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 96
One of the big loop holes is the taxes on fuel exploration and developement. Good by cheap fuel that has been driving the industry back home. I live in the only county of MN without NG.

Status
Not open for further replies.