So I Found Some Water Damaged Pellets And

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

F4jock

Minister of Fire
Nov 12, 2014
Red Rock, PA
I found a pound or two of water-damaged pellets in a bag of my Lignetics. Fed them to my Harman and - - - -

Score: Harman 1. Water Damaged Pellets 0

Didn't even hiccup.

Been there done that many times..... Score USSC 6041HF 1........ Water damaged, bloated pellets 0

I try not to make a habit out of it but sometimes a little is just too hard to toss in the garbage or flowerbed.

I've even done water bloated and dried to sawdust pellets. It all burns. Gives a good light show too.

I've been known to use the paper towel I used to clean the window with, to start the pellets after I've cleaned the stove. Paper towels and a touch of hand sanitizer gets those pellets going right away..........

I found a pound or two of water-damaged pellets in a bag of my Lignetics. Fed them to my Harman and - - - -

Score: Harman 1. Water Damaged Pellets 0

Didn't even hiccup.
Same here, back in the shoulder season I had a couple of bags that one end and one corner got damaged and had dried back out. I just tossed them in with the rest of the bag.. Never knew the difference, the stove just ate em up.

found the same thing with my ligs a few pounds of swollen pellets the old harman burned um up no problem.

I keep my pellets on shrink wrapped skids (like I get them from ther store) in my big hay barn out back, out of the weather (but not out of the barn cats constant curious ways...)

Had a couple bags that the cats chewed the bags open and proceeded to whizz on. Those roasted just fine too. Combustion knows no boundaries. Little stinky going in............

Reactions: ScotL
I found a lump in one of my LaCrete bags, surgically removed the mass. Dont know how it got wet, but a pile of chunky sawdust was all that was left. Im not feeding that to my Englander...

I found a lump in one of my LaCrete bags, surgically removed the mass. Dont know how it got wet, but a pile of chunky sawdust was all that was left. Im not feeding that to my Englander...

Like the fertilizer guy says in the Scotts commercial.....FeeeeeeeeeeeeeD IT......;lol

Reactions: MadMax31
Harmoan show off :D
Have seen a lot of posts about people not feeding "damaged" pellets to their stoves. Of course there's "damaged" and there's "DAMAGED" but I just don't get the angst. It works. The stuff burns.

My ole Quads had no problems with those pellets either. It's just swallowing mega-fines. No big deal. You don't have to be a hoarmoan to be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.