so where did the pellets go?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ducker

Feeling the Heat
Apr 22, 2008
Leominster, MA
when loading up the hopper in my Harman P38 - A pellet or two fell in the gap between the hopper and the main top of the stove. Where does this go? When I look down there with a flashlight I believe I see some of the piping that leads to the burn chamber - but other then that are the pellets that are down there safe - and won't randomly burn, or smolder if against something hot?

Thanks

I don't own a Harman, but I noticed the same thing with my stove although I haven't lost any pellets yet. My guess would be that the worst that can happen is that they may get quite warm if up against some of the hottest parts of the stove, but I don't think they would smolder or light. As it is, it takes a very red-hot igniter to get the pellets going. Also, you do have a hearth which should provide a little added comfort.

Steve

ducker said:
when loading up the hopper in my Harman P38 - A pellet or two fell in the gap between the hopper and the main top of the stove. Where does this go? When I look down there with a flashlight I believe I see some of the piping that leads to the burn chamber - but other then that are the pellets that are down there safe - and won't randomly burn, or smolder if against something hot?

Thanks

They went to the same place that one sock that goes missing from the dryer goes to ! J/K. They don't usually cause any issues.

Parrot Head said:
ducker said:

Thanks

They went to the same place that one sock that goes missing from the dryer goes to ! J/K. They don't usually cause any issues.

rofl - exactly!! they just disappear. I'm not really worried as yea... it's on a large brick hearth.. just more curious then anything :)

thanks!

Try removing the back panel covers. I believe the P38 has two overlapping back panels. My Harman advance has one screw per panel holding them on. This should open up the back of the stove and perhaps you can locate them there. This would be the easiest part to disassemble to check for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.