Something Fuzzy On One Of My Splits

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quads

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 19, 2005
Central Sands, Wisconsin
Old barn cat's favorite perch. As long as it leaves my chickadees alone!
IMG_4691.jpg

:lol: Nice Kitty.
I assumed form the title that it would be a picture of some king of mold ( hey, we had a damp summer here - it's a reasonable guess)

That is a nice quality picture. Look at the detail in those well seasoned oak(?) splits on top.

I am bringing my woodpile guard adopted stray kitty inside at night for the first time this winter and she ain't liking it a bit. Well, maybe saying she is conflicted would be better. She kept wanting outside tonight until I opened the door and said "Go". Two steps out into the cold pouring rain and she reconsidered.

Nice stack of feline willow.

I was expecting a bright yellow wooly caterpillar.

Boy, if those eyes don't tell you something. >:-(

Great shot.

Kitty usually does whatever she wants. She sleeps there on my woodpile during the day. At night when the calves lay down to sleep, she can usually be found sleeping on the back of one of the sleeping calves.

Yep, that's oak. Not seasoned enough for me yet though. The splits she's sitting on with the lighter ends were only cut a month or two ago. The little bit darker ones in the next row behind were cut maybe a couple months before that. It will be 3+ years before I burn, sell, or give away the wood in the picture. All came from standing dead trees.

Handsome cat, Quads. Guarding your BTU's, and hunting for a few of her own (mice).
Funny that she's at home on top of one of the sleeping calves. Buddies.
Has she had her own brood yet?
Nice oak. A lot of cracks for only a couple of months old.
Thanks for the pics.

great pic!!!

Great pic! Brought a tear to my eye though, Kitty must be the identical twin to my ole buddy Tom that I lost earler this year after 16+ years of great times. He was the smartest and most playful cat I've ever come across. I'm generally more a dog person than cat, but he was truly one of a kind that everybody liked. Got a pic of sleeping with calves?

It's pretty common around here for the cats to be sleeping on top of the calves. The calves don't seem to mind. I have a picture of one of this cat's ancestors sleeping on a calf, but after a quick search I can't seem to find it in my archives! Sometime I'll have to remember to take the camera down to the barn and get a picture of this one.

I'm a dog person too mostly, but I tolerate the cats as long as they eat the mice and not the chickadees! There have been a couple cats over the years that I really admired though.

Great picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.