Source of motor for Cleva Ash Vac?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lake Girl

Nov 12, 2011
NW Ontario
My Cleva Ash vac just croaked. It is not the best ash vac but better than having to drag around the big shop vac or leaving the shop vac in the living room. Haven't checked to see if I can take the motor out of the vacuum and replace... Has anyone else done this and know of a source for a new motor?

Thanks for the link but the actual cost for me would be $79.99 USD ($50 membership fee ... BJ's are only on the east coast too).:( Guess I'll take it apart to see if I can get a replacement motor. If I can't find a replacement, guess I'll have a new ash can...

Try to locate some type of number of identifier on the motor and Google it. Not sure about your part of the world or if you have Grainger but they have or can get about anything like that. Here in the States they are fairly easy to locate and many areas have a Grainger store. That's about all i know of to do.

Maybe try and electrical motor place. Locally I have an A-1 Electrical and found a squirrel cage blower once that was nearly impossible to locate. The cross referenced the numbers etc; and had something in stock that would work. The costs of a replacement might also weigh into the mix. Some can carry a decent price tag.

Did find a number but so faint to read. Planning on trying to read it again tomorrow ... hopefully they are more legible in bright sunlight. We have an Acklands-Grainger but it seems more of an order in shop. Blew everything out with some air and cleaned vanes.

Might be another blower folks should add to their list of spring cleaning==c

Motor # as best I could tell: 10254TM5052 number printed below that one 1004710. Tried Graingers on-line and came up empty. Only other motors I found were for central vacs and $100+/- price tag for the smallest one and that was without even looking at the specs. Will reassemble old one today to see if it can be salvaged.

Noticed a difference in the ash vacs currently available ... they have the dacron prefilter. Mine was bought in 2011 when we bought the stove and didn't come with that dacron filter.

Thanks for the link but the actual cost for me would be $79.99 USD ($50 membership fee ... BJ's are only on the east coast too).:( Guess I'll take it apart to see if I can get a replacement motor. If I can't find a replacement, guess I'll have a new ash can...

Sorry I didn't see you were in Canada. But for US there is no membership needed for this item and free shipping to west coast etc. May be a good deal for anyone looking for an ash vac.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lake Girl
FWIW Pics of the motor.... Likely brushes are shot but I know nothing about electric motors:confused:
IMG_1273.JPG IMG_1274.JPG IMG_1275.JPG