Spot buying Fuel Oil in Connecticut

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer Belly

Minister of Fire
Oct 26, 2011
Connecticut
I'm likely gonna go this route, and found this website, thought I'd share. You can buy as little as 50 gallons, usually they want a minimum of 150-200gallons
http://www.connecticutheatingoil.com/

When I still had a boiler, I starting going with these outfits and saving $0.40/gal or so off retail. Often got delivered by the same company truck I had previously contracted with. ;)

My gf uses something like that, saves money every time and her old heating oil company is the same one delivering it. Unless you have some sort of a fuel contract or service contract, it seems like the way to go.

The only reason I'm considering this is because everybody wants you on automatic delivery, and want to deliver just as you're running out, which will give you an Oil bill in the near $1,000 range......I'd rather throw in a hundred gallons here and there and have a more manageable bill. We are also thinking of running our tank to near empty, then have the last bit drained, or pumped to hopefully remove any sludge or anything that might damage the tank....then refill at our pace and not all at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.