New England (MA, CT, ME, NH, VT, RI) squier lumber monson

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JRA

Feeling the Heat
Nov 24, 2014
north shore ma
just browsing places as usual in ma and came across squier lumber in western ma. they have okie platinums priced at 279 per ton which is a great price imho. however they have okie golds prices at 309 per ton? I have burnt the golds and the platinums and I thought the platinums out performed the golds ash and heatwise. not sure what the logic is pricing the golds higher. Am I missing something? I'm good for the season stash wise but maybe looking to haul back a ton of those platinums for that steal of a price when I go see in laws in a few weeks.

just browsing places as usual in ma and came across squier lumber in western ma. they have okie platinums priced at 279 per ton which is a great price imho. however they have okie golds prices at 309 per ton? I have burnt the golds and the platinums and I thought the platinums out performed the golds ash and heatwise. not sure what the logic is pricing the golds higher. Am I missing something? I'm good for the season stash wise but maybe looking to haul back a ton of those platinums for that steal of a price when I go see in laws in a few weeks.
That's where I get my pellets. I'll have to give them a call. Thanks for posting! I'm just getting into the gold that I bought, haven't cleaned the stove yet so no opinion.

That's where I get my pellets. I'll have to give them a call. Thanks for posting! I'm just getting into the gold that I bought, haven't cleaned the stove yet so no opinion.
I have bought loose bags there before, they always have a great selection. Wish they delivered to the north shore. Keep us posted, every place I look that carry okies always had the platinums priced higher than the golds. maybe others will weigh in, just my first hand experience platinums burnt cleaner and hotter for me.

Reactions: jackhammer
I have bought loose bags there before, they always have a great selection. Wish they delivered to the north shore. Keep us posted, every place I look that carry okies always had the platinums priced higher than the golds. maybe others will weigh in, just my first hand experience platinums burnt cleaner and hotter for me.
I called Squire today. They confirmed the price on the platinums as 279/ton. That is a drop in price, they have 50 or so ton and are trying to move them. Normally, platinums are $10 more per ton then the gold, which they have none of. Also gave me his opinion on platinum vs gold, didn't see a difference between the two. I guess if they have any left at that price in April, I will get my supply then, they should offer half price delivery at that time as well. All subject to change, depending what else is available!

Reactions: JRA
I live 15 min from Squires so had to check them out. Ended up buying Purcell Douglas firs, Turmans and Okie Platinums and loaded them up lol!
17eb175925b0367822439bf9fee11733.jpg6eb72b0e931121b90a3917c734719b5f.jpg7b0734c1de19d5be8a6705a5beec5246.jpgb6298e8251358e299846f992d17f9cbb.jpg6890a3fba93e2812c2c8fa2d55a9e94c.jpg60e1a7ce4c59ea4f91a1a16ffa79bcd6.jpg93ac2d797da87e9d22d0ffde18a4f965.jpg
Good pricing to wether you buy by the bag or ton it's the same so picked up 7 bags of each as that's all the Subaru could hold without blowing out the suspension lol!

I live 15 min from Squires so had to check them out. Ended up buying Purcell Douglas firs, Turmans and Okie Platinums and loaded them up lol!
View attachment 176469View attachment 176470View attachment 176471View attachment 176472View attachment 176473View attachment 176474View attachment 176475
Good pricing to wether you buy by the bag or ton it's the same so picked up 7 bags of each as that's all the Subaru could hold without blowing out the suspension lol!
I don't know if you buy early or not, but I just picked up 3 ton okie gold for $259/ton plus $35 delivery. I live in Brimfield, so it sounds like you are close to me. They have very limited quantities of gold. They have other brands as you know. I use my tax refund each year to buy pellets(less refund this year!) and it works out with Squire, they have half price delivery in April. I don't know if this is a good buy given oil prices and pellet supply, but I like good quality pellets and don't want to take a chance later.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting Jack. I may have to make another trip out for 25 more bags pending what's left even though I am well stocked for next winter. I love buying pellets cause it's fun ;)

Reactions: jackhammer
I saw Pellets and Monson MA and thought... Maybe I'll get some pellets and Treehouse Brewery Beer!
Treehouse started on my street five years ago. My wife got a couple bottles for me as a Father's Day gift back then. They have since moved, bigger and better. It is too much for me to wait in line. I do miss Julius, awesome stuff. The clientele they attract is not my style either, just my opinion. Good people and great beer, I wish they were still up the street, I would walk and get a couple filled! Enjoy!

Reactions: AccentraRRT
View attachment 176469View attachment 176470View attachment 176471View attachment 176472View attachment 176473View attachment 176474View attachment 176475

Had Squire out to clean my XXV I purchased from them. Let me say they did a great job and took about an hour. Will have them back for sure next season as my stove is tucked in a corner and I cannot get to the back area.....................

Status
Not open for further replies.