St. Croix greenfield problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tom_817

Mar 5, 2019
Colorado
hey guys new here! I picked up a used greenfield and for the life of me I cannot get it to stay lit. I followed the directions in the owners manual and it goes out. I use a fire starter gel light the pellets and let them burn for a minute or two close the door turn the stove on and after 5-8 minutes the fire goes out and the stove goes into shutdown mode, while in shutdown mode the fire ramps up. What am I doing wrong!?!

On my Lancaster it's very easy to start. About 3 paint caps worth of pellets, count to 30 while lighting with Mapp gas torch, then I turn on/off button on, count for another 5 seconds while keeping torch on pellets then close door. Works every time. Fire has to get hot enough to allow auger to start turning and keep fire going.

Does your stove flash #2 or #3 LED when shutting down? 2 is for poor vacuum (plugged exhaust), 3 is for proof of fire snap disk hasn't detected heat rise on exhaust blower housing. Let us know what you see and we can provide additional tips.

Is the auger feeding pellets after you close the door? If not, as stated, look for flashing LEDs.

My St Croix corn stove takes about 5 minutes before pellets feed after door is closed. Fire has to be hot enough to warm up proof of fire snap disk.

My wife and I got figured out! I get a tad impatient according to her lol. Stove runs great!

Attachments

• AF7A521C-CE7B-42D9-95A2-B812DDFE6DAD.jpeg
    AF7A521C-CE7B-42D9-95A2-B812DDFE6DAD.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 180
Reactions: Mt Bob
Are you going to favor us with the solution? It might help someone else.

Thanks!
Glad to hear you've got heat again!