St Croix Hastings Problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Anjeep

Mar 21, 2018
Pawling NY
Hi all. I have a St Croix Hastings and it has been basically trouble free since 2008. Come home today and stove is not running and number 2 light is blinking... leads me to believe vac switch is bad. I jumped out the vac switch and when I turn the power on the auger feeds, but the exhaust fan does not turn on! If I disconnect the jumper, and power it up with no vac switch connected, exhaust fan runs like normal but after 20secs it shuts down and gets number 2 error.. jumped out hi limit switch, pof switch and still the same problem. Any ideas guys? Still cold here in Ny... thanks.

I don't have the schematic in front of me, but I think the stove is looking for no vacuu m initially, and then vacuum after running exhaust for 10 seconds or so.

Try using leaf blower on exhaust to suck out ash with stove burn chamber door open after you clean out back wall by going up thru ash trap doors.. Hook up wiring back to normal Then see if it works correctly again.

Worth checking