St. Croix - is this an Ashby? Troubleshooting..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RMB3889

Nov 11, 2017
Massachusetts
Hello,

I am new to the forum and thought this would be a good resource for me to ask some questions.

I purchased my townhouse in the summer of 2016 and the unit came with this stove already "installed". From what I am able to gather, it is a St. Croix Ashby or something close to it. Our home is around thirteen years old so I would assume this is around that age too, or newer.

The stove has been a bear to operate and I consider myself someone that is meticulous with cleaning and upkeep of things I own. We have had it serviced annually by our local company and it is cleaned after every few uses.

Problems:

Auger decides when it wants to operate and when it doesn't wanter to operate

Turn unit on, sometimes it feeds, sometimes it doesn't..sometimes the fan runs for 10-15 minutes and the unit turns off completely

There doesn't seem to be any jam by the auger unit

I've looked at the Ashby manual but the control panels do not match up.

Looking for any advice.

Thanks,
Ryan

Attachments

• IMG_4819.jpg
    IMG_4819.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_4820.jpg
    IMG_4820.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_4821.jpg
    IMG_4821.jpg