Stanley Cup Champs in 2020

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I had the pleasure of coaching a young man when he was 8,9 and 10 that played for Tampa Bay Lightning when they won the Cup in 2020 but because of Covid could not bring it back to his hometown. It happened yesterday, a storm rolled through (mostly lightning and rain) but everyone was fine and we all had a good time.

In picture 2001, you can see the storm moving in. Our county had just over 5900 without power after the storm hit, most of those were from Norwood NY south to Potsdam NY.

I'm the young guy on the right! ;)

IMG_2001.JPG IMG_2005.JPG IMG_2006.JPG IMG_2013.JPG

What a nice story and how exciting that was especially holding that hard won trophy that is bigger than the both of you---The Stanley Cup.
You can bring it here and set it on my mantle and I will keep it safe for you...lol Congrat's and glad you had a nice day . I like to watch storms roll in but then I hope they disappear just as quick-lol.. Good for you both as well as the town...clancey

Reactions: thewoodlands
What a nice story and how exciting that was especially holding that hard won trophy that is bigger than the both of you---The Stanley Cup.
You can bring it here and set it on my mantle and I will keep it safe for you...lol Congrat's and glad you had a nice day . I like to watch storms roll in but then I hope they disappear just as quick-lol.. Good for you both as well as the town...clancey
When we were kids our parents had a came not far from the lot the Stanley Cup viewing was at so we were able to watch some nasty storms come down or across the river.

Though I was pulling for the Islanders, it is a good story. Thanks for sharing.
The young man in the picture didn't sign back with Toronto he signed with Tampa again this summer for three years.

Reactions: vinny11950