stihl 025 bushing part.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
I just noticed the bushing piece on the bottom of my saw bar was gone. It was a plastic keeper type insert that snapped into the rubber bushing on the bottom of the bar you hold on to near sprocket.

It came out once and I put it back but came out again and I did not see it.

Does this thing fit in the bushing tight or do I need a new rubber bushing also since it came out so easy.

Below is a link (scroll down) to a part that I lost, it is part # 13.......fits inside bushing parts #3,6.

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=42869

I just wondered if the bushing is wore or stretched to allow this to pop out ?

Robbie

Robbie,

That part is just a screw cover and it is there for appearance. Make sure the screw is in there and the anti-vibration bushing is intact.

Also, the diagram on the link you provided was for an 026, which is very different than an 025.

Sandor, thanks for the help. That answers my question. I was not sure what that plastic piece was.

The only problem I see now is that rubber bushing seems to pull out of the hole in the bottom of the saw very easy now.

I may need a new bushing or something. It looks like it used to fit tightly but no longer does.

Robbie

Status
Not open for further replies.