Stihl 034 Orig 80's

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive this model saw its 61.5 cc I was under impression that I could fit the 72cc jug n cylinder from another stihl without to much BS any stihl folks here that know the process the saw was/is old, free and runs just fine. 72 cc saws are in the 500 plus range the 72cc parts on a 034 would be approx. 200 bux I don't care about not being able to run the 04 HD filter the flocked unit is just fine I get a lot of orig Stihl stuff free

Hi
You can put an 036 piston and cyl on it direct bolt on.Anything else will require some work.
Thomas

me thinks this maybe not correct as both the 034-036 are 61.5 cc no gains there im thinking the 038 or 04 x series the 70 cc jug n piston should bolt up to my 034 the intake n carb from 034 could stay put and id need a muffler change (cheap) to the 38 or the 04x and would require the 038 or 04x orange cylinder cover I wont need the Hd filter on 04x saw the reg flocked home filter fine for me I will do more research on this sposedly known STD conversion over on hot saws sites this is sposedly known easy conversion amongst the people in the know of this brand (not me me) ive already converted many Poulan 2.7-3.3 Hartil designed saws from their under 54 cc engines to 70 cc for less than 220 bux @ 10.5 pounds powerhead.. screamer , all day in hand im asking in wrong place maybe thanx

No the 036, is a few cc bigger than 034
And trying any other jug will require a bunch of work and parts.
If you want more power just send it to a saw porter than you will have a reliable powerfull saw.
Thomas

The 034 is 56cc. The 034 Super and 036 are both 61.5cc. So, you can upgrade an 034 to an 034 Super / 036 by swapping out the top end. I've owned all three models and have read a fair bit about them, and have never seen anything about the kind of upsizing you're hoping for.

holy crap folks im so sorry yes all the stuff ive got will be super or mag if twas avail so 036 and my 034 are same 61.5 I ll get the instructions soon for this rather simple conversion its not a bunch of work either I can do transfer port work im lookin more displacement without another 6 or so hundred bux thanks .. I ll be over at mid atl stihl which a good friend o mines a tech there he has al this info I go to his house to discuss so no corp. troubles .. stihl usa is a bunch of well U kno..

To get to 72cc you'll need a 52mm piston, i.e. 4mm bigger than an 036 and 6mm bigger than a standard 034. I just found this thread about the process. I'm not sure it meets your 'without to much BS' requirement.

Just find an 044 at a good price. The conversion won't work easy. Unless your going aftermarket the parts will be pricey for a P/C . Even a decent aftermarket P/C will be close to $130.

Reactions: Jon1270
takes longer fo me to find a sanely priced orig german andreas model ive a saw shop in my pocket and take all the worthwhile abused stihls and other stuff to so parts gen not huge issue but correct Greenwood .. How far from Gaffnee you are ?

I'm about an hour and 45 mins from there

Status
Not open for further replies.