still learning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin B

Nov 23, 2008
Eastern MA
:question: i bought a napoleon nps40 does this have an add on t stat. trying to the get air an pellet mix right. it came with a tool anyone know how to use it manual no help

Does not appear to have a wall thermostat as an option.
The manual appears to show various uses of the included tool.
Also shows some air control knobs, etc.

Attachments

• Picture 18.png
    Picture 18.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 363
  • Picture 17.png
    Picture 17.png
    64.4 KB · Views: 375
Thats not the current manual, the one that actually came with the stove is different I am surprised they have not updated this anywhere online yet. I just use the back end of the tool to scrape the burn pot, not sure what the rectangle end is for (although it seems silly, maybe for pushing the pellets down the sides of the hopper). I have been unable to find any info on a T stat.

thanks for your help, The hole in end of tool is for hooking on the hot heat exchanger rod so not to burn your hands the other side of tool helped take out old style burn pot retangle not round new style how often do i need to clean flue pipe, air housing anyone have better luck with certain pellets where to get them and also parts for this stove when needed

I believe the manual recommends that a full cleaning is done after every 2 tons of pellets, I will do this once a year. I had planned on ordering parts (like the combustion fan gasket to replace when doing the full cleaning) from my dealer. I have burned LGs mostly but Lignetics and penningtons seem OK as well. I brush down all the fly ash from the fire into the ash pan every few days and clean the glass. I used about 20 bags of pellets before emptying the ash pan (could have waited longer, maybe 30 bags). I really don't know where to get pellets where you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.