Stove cement missing on F400 outlet. Issue or not?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

EbS-P

Minister of Fire
Jan 19, 2019
SE North Carolina
Hi Everyone, just did my annual sweep and found several chucks of stove cement have become dislodged from the my F400 outlet and were sitting in the top of the baffle when I removed it. For those familiar with the F400 this seam is the one right above the the firebrick once you remove the the rear cast iron panel, and can be rotated for either rear or top vent. I have top vent . I can see the enamel finish in the crack. I have included a picture. The seam that had the cement is the curved seem in the middle of the photo. The stove is is a top vent and and the flue exit it at the right side of the pic going strait up. This is the second season of burning and the stove has seen maybe 3 cords of wood in that time. Is this an issue that needs addressed? Thanks in advance.
Evan.

Attachments

• 250CF3EF-CFE3-4776-81CB-A8C33B5FF1C8.jpeg
    250CF3EF-CFE3-4776-81CB-A8C33B5FF1C8.jpeg
    146.1 KB · Views: 125
It’s not a problem. Excess Cement oozes out when the pieces are bolted together at the factory.
It sounds like you are talking about the flue collar? If so, it has a fiberglass gasket.

It’s not a problem. Excess Cement oozes out when the pieces are bolted together at the factory.
It sounds like you are talking about the flue collar? If so, it has a fiberglass gasket.

Smoke Outlet Gasket 200028 3/16” LD/SA 3'

This may be your required gasket? Might be worth verifying for a replacement if it has failed or was never properly installed?

Thanks. For the info