Stove I.D?? Insert w/ Catalytic Combuster

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DexterDay

My Father came over this morning to pick up a pellet stove I got for him for Father's Day. I cleaned , painted, and lubed it all up.. I traded an old Timberline Woodstove for a Englander 25-PDV.. I was gonna give him the old one I have in my Shop. But decided against it. This newer one has more Safeties (Vacuum, High-Temp, Etc) on it, than the Old one I have..

ANYWAYS......... On To The Mystery Stove.....

So when he gets here, he has a Woodstove in the back of his Truck.. His neighbor didn't want it and my Father didn't want it either. So he dropped it off here. It is HEAVY...

There are ZERO Markings/Tags/Stamps... Nothing to identify it by.. I was hoping someone could just tell by the looks of it.. Has a 2 piece glass. A curved outside and a flat inside (firebox area), it has a catalytic combustor (EPA stove), and a Blower.. The air damper says Low to High.. Looks like it could use some work.. There is no firebrick in it, No electrical cord (not a big deal), and it could use new door and window gaskets..

Is it worth anything?? Would it be worth putting $100 in it??? Thanks for any help in advance

Also included a pic of the Pellet Stove after I cleaned it all up...

Attachments

• Stove 1.jpg
    Stove 1.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 744
  • Stove 2.jpg
    Stove 2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 517
  • Stove 3.jpg
    Stove 3.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 1,186
  • Englander 25-PDV (Gold trim) Traded Timberline for it.jpg
    Englander 25-PDV (Gold trim) Traded Timberline for it.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 538
Looks like an insert, without the surround, but I don't recognize it.

It is Grizzly fireplace insert. Might be cleaned up into a decent heater. It was made by a company named Derco.

BrotherBart said:
It is Grizzly fireplace insert. Might be cleaned up into a decent heater. It was made by a company named Derco.

The Insert part and Catalytic Combustor ( Thread Title ) were the only parts I knew "For Sure"..

Grizzly huh?? Got me some research to do... would sinking $100-$200 be practical?? Even if I was to sell it???

Looks like my old RCA Colortrak 2000 console TV converted into a woodstove.. Is the picture tube still good?

:)

Ray

WoodHeatStoves.......Here is a PIC OF THE Ol' Beast. Took it out of my Fathers house years ago. When my parents were taking care of my Grandfather, they did not want anything Sharp or Hot that he could fall into.

Because my Father gave me the stove to begin with, I gave him the Pellet Stove that I got on trade. My Father is looking forward to this heating season with pellets (Mom too, saving money is her thing).

Attachments

• Timberline.jpg
    Timberline.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 335
Status
Not open for further replies.