Stove shopping. Using an increaser..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Some setups won't be effected much at all others will have performance issues
Yeah. Without being able to know specifically which stove may have problems, it seems like an expensive gamble. I wrote and asked BK, Lopi and Hearthstone and only the latter was responsive saying there could be problems with drafting if increasing at the collar. I then asked what they thought about at ceiling and said that that 'might' be OK. It really is hard for someone to give me a definitive with all the different variables. I thought it was saying something that they were very responsive to questions.

Yeah, I am considering that. Still unclear how that may or may not affect the draft.
Assuming the increaser will be single-wall, make sure that the it has at least 18" clearance from the walls or it will need to be shielded.