Stovechow vs Thermaglo vs Inferno Gold vs Green Supreme

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BucksWhit

Nov 25, 2015
Plainville ma
Home depot in Smithfield RI has Stove Chow and Thermaglo for 5.25

Lowes in Plainville MA has Inferno Gold and Green Supreme for 5.18

What would you go with given those choices?

So far I grabbed 2 bags of Thermoglo and they burn really hot/clean but seem to leave a sort of redish tar on the fire brick.

ThermaGlo's have always left a reddish residue (not tar though) throughout my stove. Decent heat but plenty ashy. Haven't tried the other stuff you mention though.

Stove chow

Home depot in Smithfield RI has Stove Chow and Thermaglo for 5.25

Lowes in Plainville MA has Inferno Gold and Green Supreme for 5.18

What would you go with given those choices?

So far I grabbed 2 bags of Thermoglo and they burn really hot/clean but seem to leave a sort of redish tar on the fire brick.

Check out a Lowes near you. HD prices are still too high. Most HD's still have their head up their butt on prices but spring-time temps are back here in the northeast so we'll see. Also, check out PellusRUs in Uxbridge. They are running a sale on Northern pellets (100% softwood) for $4 a bag while they last.

Status
Not open for further replies.