Strange 1" pipe coming up into stovepipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plarson

Nov 8, 2015
Washington
I have enjoyed a lot of the information in this forum, and I'm curious if someone can give me a little more.

A buddy of mine dropped off a stove for me to use at my new place, and it has a 1" pipe coming up from the back and running right up out the center going up about 3'. I was told that it had something to do with the flue, but I don't know how. Another buddy has the same stove, but no such pipe at all!

It is an Earth Stove 100, from what I can tell, and it has knob to open and close an intake in the back.

Does anyone know what this is for and what I should do with it, if anything?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 193
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 188
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 187
Periscope? :cool:

Home made hot water loop? Where does the bottom part go? Does it look factory? Hard to tell without it being cleaned up

Status
Not open for further replies.