Stupid movie guilty pleasures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ashful

Minister of Fire
Mar 7, 2012
Philadelphia
Let's hear it. Speed? Backdraft? Twister? What's the stupid movie you can't help but watch, when it pops up?

I'll admit to liking Twister, just re-watched it with my kids last year. Fun movie.

Airplane, Monte Python, Men in Tights, and other intentionally-stupid spoof movies don't count!

Reactions: thewoodlands
I love all the Grumpy Old Men movies! But you made me feel even less cool, since I didn't even know they were considered stupid. ;lol

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
"Chitters full Clark" ;lol

Last edited:
Goofy is probably a better term for them than stupid, I've always loved those 2 movies.
Yeah. In my head, I was thinking more of movies that were just bad, but guilty pleasures anyway. But doesn't matter, this is fun too!

Snakes on a plane, anyone? Tremors? Anaconda!

1697857665601.png

Highlander. The first one - the sequels were too much guilt, not enough pleasure.

A Knight's Tale.

I'll second Tremors, and throw in the sequels.

Any Astaire and Rogers, Marx Brothers, or Thin Man movie.

Paint Your Wagon. Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin in a musical? Must be seen to be believed.

Zardoz.

How about television? The original Dr Who, through 1989.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashful
Any time I watch the movie _Chef_ I know in advance I am going to be doing a pork shoulder on hickory and a ham on cherry so I can fire up my plancha after I also come up with some scratch made bread. It is a three day ordeal for me watching that one, but the sandwiches are outstanding.

Perhaps not a stupid movie, but a guilty pleasure for sure.

The one I watch when I need some decompression in my life is
Blazing Saddles.

Reactions: weee123
Oh, I’ll add the Austin Powers movies and Super Troopers movies!

Caddyshack
A lot of the Mel Brooks stuff

Give me time, I’ll think of more.

My sons love some of the Chuck Norris movies for a good laugh. In Forest Warrior he stops a chainsaw chain by grabbing it with his bare hands. Later Steven Seagal movies are similarly chuckle worthy.

Big trouble!
Blazing saddles,
Old school
Superbad
Any monty python
Borat
And im sure im missing a few classics

Paint Your Wagon. Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin in a musical? Must be seen to be believed.
Holy crap... how did I not know about this one?!?

Holy crap... how did I not know about this one?!?
On a similar note (improbable musicals): the move version of Tommy. Olivier Reed and Jack Nicholson in a musical? Doesn't really count, though. Guilty enough, but not a pleasure.

Another improbable musical: the 2021 version of Cyrano. Peter Dinklage playing the lead character in a musical? Also doesn't really count: a surprise pleasure, but not at all a guilty one.

I still get a kick out of this one, every time I happen to catch it playing somewhere.

1697980875242.png

Young Frankenstein was one running gag line.