stupid question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mr47930

Burning Hunk
Aug 11, 2014
Southern MD
Just got done doing a deep clean on my newer model 52i. Took compass and side heat exchangers out along with the flame guide and brushed them clean. Brushed and vacuumed out the entire unit and brushed the fan blades. Here comes the stupid question...where is my ESP located? I put a flash light up the hole near the fan and I don't see anything. Is it back there past where I can see or am I looking in the wrong place?

Unless they moved it for inserts, it should be in that hole to the right of the fan. It is a ways back there, and not very thick so can be easy to miss at a casual glance, or if you are wearing cheaters while trying to look in the hole while on your knees (it will be about at the top of the glasses, so you won't see it - trust me, I know).

If you look on page 28 of the manual, you will see the ESP between #6 & #7.
Looks like a small horizontal line.
It appears to come in from the top left as you face the unit.
Were you looking at the uppermost portion of the tube?

Attachments

• HarmanP52i_O.pdf
    408.2 KB · Views: 375
Reactions: mr47930 and bags
pull the stove out, you will see two wires going to the top of the exhaust tube they go to the esp, just under the gasket. remove the little screw next to the wires gently pull out the esp, wipe clean....:)

It's in there or your stove wouldn't operate. On my stoves it is back a ways though. Not sure about the inserts but looks like DAKSY has you covered on finding it.

As fire451 said it must be easy and similar to the P Series. It's a 1/4" head on the single screw FYI.

Thanks fellas I knew it was in there just didnt think it was back that far. Makes sense why I couldn't see it with the flashlight. Really want to do the LBT on my unit but am afraid of screwing something up.

Status
Not open for further replies.