Summers Heat 2400-sq ft 50-SHSSW02 Door Problems.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Another update on the ongoing door saga. Iv been having to reinstall the glass gasket every 5 or 6 fires as it works its way out of place being the door is bowed so the glass gasket being only 1/8 thick is a bit loose in the center. Now the glass has cracked due to the excess pressure on the ends near the holding tabs. I was just going to order a new glass($173) but decided to call englander for some advice. To my pleasant surprise they have agreed to send me a new glass and gasket and some upgraded holding tabs free of charge. They also said it not possible to replace the door once the stove is in the field. I have to give them credit this time for a positive experience . Hopefully this will solve some of the door problems.

They also said it not possible to replace the door once the stove is in the field.
I'd be curious to know why. They surely aren't custom fitting each door to the stove. They are a cast door so there shouldn't be any difference. I hope the new parts help.

I'd be curious to know why. They surely aren't custom fitting each door to the stove. They are a cast door so there shouldn't be any difference. I hope the new parts help.
The customer service rep said the door is fitted during the Mfg process. They dont sell replacement doors. The door fits the hinges with such a small tolerance for error that i can see why. There is literally zero play in the hinge and pin fit. Thats why i (and everyone with this door problem)has to ship the whole stove back the first time around with this same problem.

Got my new door glass already along with upgraded holding tabs and a thicker rope gasket already glued to the glass. The original was just loose fit and thin and kept sliding out of place not to mention letting in lot of extra air combustion air making the stove hard to control. So thanks to Englander for quick service and stepping up this time to correct the flaws.

Reactions: charger4406