Sunflower setting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Grader07

Jan 14, 2017
Maryland
Does anyone or has anyone with a Mt Vernon AE used the sunflower setting while burning hardwood pellets? Does this effect the air flow?? Just wondering as I can’t seem to get the flame right and the door keeps getting smoked up quickly. Flame doesn’t look lazy however to me it is burning higher than the emblem on back. Flame height is set from installer at +2 on manual and on high. Blower is in normal operation instead of quiet. My wife and I don’t like it because we can’t hear the tv over the roar. I am using Lignetics pellets same as I did last season just with a new batch of pellets. Any suggestions to try would be appreciated greatly.... thanks!

This may sound silly but we bought a wireless speaker and set it close to where we sit when watching TV. Solved a lot of problems

Reactions: railfanron
Does anyone or has anyone with a Mt Vernon AE used the sunflower setting while burning hardwood pellets? Does this effect the air flow?? Just wondering as I can’t seem to get the flame right and the door keeps getting smoked up quickly. Flame doesn’t look lazy however to me it is burning higher than the emblem on back. Flame height is set from installer at +2 on manual and on high. Blower is in normal operation instead of quiet. My wife and I don’t like it because we can’t hear the tv over the roar. I am using Lignetics pellets same as I did last season just with a new batch of pellets. Any suggestions to try would be appreciated greatly.... thanks!
This is me. Burning hardwood pellets on sunflower setting. 1st season in six years of owning the stove with this combo (auto, sunflower, -5 flame, normal convection blower) and I’m loving it! This is the best the stove has performed in 6yrs! Common sense kept me away from “sunflower setting” while burning hardwood obviously. Doesn‘t make sense, but its just a name and just a suggestion, not a rule. Less soot, no clinker, super hot, and seems like less pellets but I need more time with this setting. Try it!

Reactions: Mt Bob