Survey: Englander - Grease those bearings! See Pics - How often do you apply the red stuff?

Don2222 Posted By Don2222, Feb 26, 2015 at 10:17 PM

?

How often do you apply Red High Temp grease to your Englander Auger Bearins?

1. Before the fall and before the summer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Once a Year

29.4%
  3. Every 2 Years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Every 3 years

11.8%
  5. Never

58.8%
  6. Does it really need more grease?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Don2222

Don2222
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 1, 2010
    Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello

These auger bearings were dry! See dry channel in pics below. Pellet stove is 2009 and auger and bearings were never removed until now!

Here we pump Red High temp grease from a cartridge into the alemite fitting using a grease gun purchased from Lowes or Home Depot.

How often do you apply the red stuff.

Pic 1 - Bottom Auger with BONE dry bearing! See empty grease channel.
    Pic 2 - Grease gun setup
    Pic 3 - Squeezing in the red grease
    Pic 4 - filling the channel
    Pic 5 - Greased auger - sprayed with "Dry Moly" after wire wheel brushing and grinding rough spots
    Pic 6 - Align Augers and check to see if they turn freely. Zerk fitting on left for easy access.
    Pic 7 - New Hi Quality auger motors
    Pic 8 - Top auger in hopper

Click pics to Enlarge:
    See Yellow and red arrows!

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SidecarFlip

SidecarFlip
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 7, 2010
    Loc:
    S.E. Michigan
    I checked NEVER. Never use red cartridge grease on motor bearings, only lightweight motor oil, in the gearcases, high quakity white lithium grease like Fisk Lubriplate.

Only the alemite fittings (zerks) on the pillow blocks shoud have a pump of red chassis grease. Thats it.

I had one of those stoves (Englander twin auger) for ar least 10 years (analog 2 knob model) and I kept it lubricated and the dust bunnies out and it ran flawlessly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Don2222

Don2222
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 1, 2010
    Loc:
    Salem NH
    That is what I show in the pics

4. Don2222

Don2222
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 1, 2010
    Loc:
    Salem NH