System control options. radiant floor, circs and zone valves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

sardo_67

Sep 19, 2017
mid CT
This is my first experience with home heating systems, almost done with my install and i am at the electrical and control installation phase (original thread linked at the bottom).

what i would like are some ideas on is which thermostat/system control to go with, i have a small 1500sq foot house that only myself and GF live in, i would like the option to program times as well as the built in option to run just the radiant floor heat so i can run off my heat storage longer between firing of the wood boiler.
The primary Alpha circ is wired into the BLT box supplied from HS Tarm and pretty straight forward on how it operates, same for the loading unit so i am not too concerned with those.

from what i have read i can use my Taco zone control to run just the manifold circ pump without opening the 2 zone valves for the 1st and 2nd floors of the house. i am not sure which thermostats have the option to tell the zone controller to do it though, i spent some time online looking at various ones but only felt more lost.

https://hearth.com/talk/threads/new-guy-diy-heat-storage-and-mb55-solo-plumbing.164486/

Attachments

• IMG_6069.jpg
    IMG_6069.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 136