T-4 Fan Noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CSAW

Hearth Supporter
Sep 6, 2010
Fl
As to not hijack one of the other fan threads I'll start this one to tell of my fan woes. Installed the stove and fan. Used it a couple times and all was well. Sitting in front of it one day it started making a really terrible noise and the fan slowed way down. Scared me pretty bad. Jumped up and turned the fan off for a couple days until I could let the stove cool down. Mine is a corner install an difficult to get to the fan. Had wife leaning over one side and I over the other. Took one screw out of her side then let her hold her side up while I took my side loose. We started to let it down when she says "maybe this has something to do with it". She pulled the 1/2" drill bit out of it. Put it back together and all is well.

I, I mean the installer was wondering where that drill bit went. 8-/

CSAW said:
As to not hijack one of the other fan threads I'll start this one to tell of my fan woes. Installed the stove and fan. Used it a couple times and all was well. Sitting in front of it one day it started making a really terrible noise and the fan slowed way down. Scared me pretty bad. Jumped up and turned the fan off for a couple days until I could let the stove cool down. Mine is a corner install an difficult to get to the fan. Had wife leaning over one side and I over the other. Took one screw out of her side then let her hold her side up while I took my side loose. We started to let it down when she says "maybe this has something to do with it". She pulled the 1/2" drill bit out of it. Put it back together and all is well.

I, I mean the installer was wondering where that drill bit went. 8-/

So you got a package deal, fan installed AND a drill bit !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.