Taco Zone Sentry valves - FYI

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

peakbagger

Minister of Fire
Jul 11, 2008
Northern NH
I installed two of these on my wood boiler years ago and looks like one of them is starting to fail. Back when I installed them I had issues with an internal part breaking when trying to override the valve using their recomended approach. Push down on button and turn. It looks like it was stuck closed and I following the instructions and broke the actuator just like in the old days. This was a newer spare I had. I have gotten over ten years of service on the valve so not complaining about its life but an FYI is do not ever manually override these valves as they have weak internal part that will snap.

I think its better to remove the actuator and use a wrench to turn the valve stem being careful not to scar it up.

So off to ebay to buy another actuator ;(

Reactions: EbS-P and sloeffle