Tarm OT-50 tankless H.W. cover

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Artie

Nov 29, 2008
Central Vt
I own a 1977 HS Tarm OT-50 wood/oil combo boiler. I have made numerous repairs recently and noticed that the 8-stud bolted dome-shaped cover for my domestic H.W. supply is badly corroded in one area. I am looking to purchase a replacement cover plate. It is ~ 18in. in diamater. SO far, I have not been able to locate a new or used one on line. I can be reached at #1-802-775-5434; located in N. Clarendon, Vt. If you have a used bolier no longer in use and/or know how to help me out, I'd appreciate a call....or email at [email protected]. Thanks...

12-07-08: Purchased a new cover thru Bioheat-USA in Lyme, N.H. Unfortunately, it does not have the original welded 3/4" NPT threaded nipples in top of cover. Waiting for some additional info from technical support to see if the new style cover can be adapted to my stock 26.5 gallon cap. domestic coil. If not, it's another $460 to buy coil; cover and seal were $260. Other thoughts or advice??? Sure could use an internal schematic showing original coil (interior) connections.

Hi Artie

Do you just want a blank cover or do you still want your domestic water in this plate? I also live in VT.. ( central ) If its just a 18" plate, than I can cut you one out and drill the holes. Look for a steel fab. shop around you they are not that hard to make.

Marcus

Marcus...

Thanks for your reply. The last resort will be to have the cover pre-fabbed. I don't have a schematic so I'm not sure how deep the coils go into the tank. I would suspect that teh dome-shaped design has something to do with the coild depth. Anyway, thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.