Task Force 5-ton electric splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
precaud said:
Ah, the splitter thread that just won't die... Lowe's has the Werner work platform on sale again, 29 bucks today thru the 31st. I finished my splitting for next season last weekend, so I won't be able to use it anytime soon, but I picked one up anyway. Last time they sold out quick.

The platform makes a world of difference with this splitter plus it can be used around the home for other things.. I will say these splitters are useless with Elm but work great with most everything else.. I don't find the 2 handed operation to be a problem..

Ray

At six-foot-five, I would have preferred a 28" platform, but I don't see anyone offering one of those, especially at this price... :)

I had the Task Force and Werner platform set up in my garage all winter and spring. Make easy work of making kindling, especially during the early and late burn season.

Status
Not open for further replies.