Tee or No Tee?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

KDubU

Feeling the Heat
Dec 16, 2022
Maine
Our stove install will include a 6” insulated liner in a masonry chimney. The connection to the stove will be a rear exit as the top will not work. I have read in some posts here people installing a tee to help with clean outs. My question is how is the tee supported behind the stove? I am trying to envision how it just “hangs” back behind th stove without much support. What am I missing here? Tks.

Our stove install will include a 6” insulated liner in a masonry chimney. The connection to the stove will be a rear exit as the top will not work. I have read in some posts here people installing a tee to help with clean outs. My question is how is the tee supported behind the stove? I am trying to envision how it just “hangs” back behind th stove without much support. What am I missing here? Tks.
What stove are you installing? I guess the question is rear or top vent? How much hearth space do you have?

Jotul F55, short legs, rear exit.

I have mine rear vented with a tee. The horizontal is screwed in to the rear collar and the vertical is pretty much held by a big stainless steel hose clamp. I've cleaned out a couple times now and it hasn't moved at all.

Reactions: KDubU