Temporary Hearth for Zero Clearnce (Heatilator Constitution)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jhollist

Oct 2, 2011
Rhode Island
We had our Constitution installed Middle of October. Warm weather combined with a completely incommunicado mason has resulted in my first burn only being last night.

It was fun, albeit a bit stinky, but I am a bit reluctant to burn too much until I do something with the hearth which is currently plywood.

I have a new mason (who is fantastic, btw. Any Rhode Islanders looking for one, feel free to contact me) and he will be able to get things finished up in early December. Since the temps are starting to drop, I would like to burn some between now and then. It seems like a piece of durarock placed on top of the plywood should serve well as a temporary hearth stone.

What do you all think? It needs to be non-combustible and as I under stand the zero clearance installs, there is no need for any R value on the hearth.

Cheers,
Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.