Test burn last night

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clay H

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Sep 9, 2009
Central Oklahoma
I took pics so it really happened! LMAO
I wanted to leave it on all evening but it was 64* outside and i had the windows open...

Attachments

• stove1.JPG
    stove1.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 387
  • stove2.JPG
    stove2.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 394
Looks great Clay. I really like how the gold accent on the stove goes along with the trim on the mantle....Nice! (did that come w/ the surround?)

Happy burning when the temp drops (hopefully not for another month or so :) ).

Thanks, yes it came with the surround...actually the installers had to custom cut it to fitt so i guess it was fabricated more or less.

Looks good Clay H....even if propane is cheap you are going to want to burn that beauty...

I've burned mine about 3 times now. Once through the night.

amick780 said:
Looks good Clay H....even if propane is cheap you are going to want to burn that beauty...
Thanks. Yea, i can't not burn it...just plain and simple...lol.
I already used the furnace a couple mornings just to break the chill (48* the last two mornings so a little chill in the house but not bad) but i will be using the stove for sure...maybe on a lower setting and the furnace can assit a little. In previous winters, the furnace did not come on at all unless my stove ran empty and went out durring the day and i come home to a 60* house...that has happened a couple times in the past few years.
Tankless water heater going in this month so propane usage will drop alot which will be nice.

THE ROOSTER said:
Had no idea it had been that cool in Oklahoma this year!!!
We have been well below normal temps for Aug and Sept. Normally no heat will be turned on till late Oct. I normally use AC all of Sept but it hasn't ran much at all. Getting back up to 85 for highes next week looks like...

Status
Not open for further replies.